Abuse, Neglect, & Exploitation ONLINE
- Define abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Cite regulations that guide prevention of abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Identify effective communication techniques for residents with dementia
- Describe ways to prevent abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Explain investigation process of abuse, neglect and exploitation
- List signs of burnout, frustration and stress
Abuse, neglect and exploitation are preventable in adult care homes. Staff must have the right resources and education for them to be able to prevent these situations from happening This course will provide the participant with the ability to define abuse, neglect and exploitation, identify ways to effectively communicate in order to prevent abuse and de-escalate the situation if it does occur. This course will also discuss signs and ways to prevent burnout, which can lead to abuse, neglect or exploitation.
Registration Link: Abuse, Neglect & Exploitation
Course Price: $19
Information: Anytime that is convenient for you (1 contact hours, 1-Res Care Hours)
*This class is available to take whenever it is convenient for you.