Upcoming Courses - Continuing Education
- Discuss motor and non-motor symptoms common in Parkinson’s Disease
- Report the relevance of multidisciplinary teams, including movement disorder specialists, in the care of those with PD
- Explain the importance of “on time medication administration” for those with PD
- Develop a transfer plan for those with PD so that medication reconciliation is initiated with receiving hospitals/health care settings
- List important topics for an in-service program for caregivers and licensed personnel caring for those with PD
Learning what you don’t know you don’t know!
For more than 20 years only Alzheimer’s Disease has beat out Parkinson’s Disease (PD) as the most common neurodegenerative disorder in the world (Tanner and Goldman, 1996). As many as one million Americans are living with PD in our country today. The most recent statistics reveal almost 10% of nursing home residents in the United States have been diagnosed with PD (Hoegh, Ibrahim, Chibnall, Zaidi, & Grossberg, 2013).
Are you using the most recent evidence-based information about Parkinson’s Disease to care for these vulnerable individuals? Do you know the “premotor symptoms” of PD? Are you confident in your understanding of medications and medication administration to quell the symptoms of PD?
Have breakfast with other nurse leaders in the area and learn how you can provide the highest level of evidence-based care to those in your homes who have Parkinson’s Disease.
Course Price: $35
Calendar - View the Course Calendar.
Information - Call 913-477-8251 for more information.
Contact Hours: 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (1 contact hour, 1-Res Care Hour)
ONE DAY TOWARD CULTURE CHANGE
Lakeview Village in Lenexa, Kansas
- Understand the impact of culture change on the lives of the people who live and work in nursing homes
- Learn tips to successfully implement culture change
- Identify responsibilities in developing and implementing culture change
- Develop a team plan for implementing culture change
- Evaluate the quality of life and financial benefits of person directed care
Who Should Attend:
- Nurses & CNAs
- Social Workers
- Activity Personnel
- Environmental Services
Class size is limited. Register online today.