- Describe regulations that impact activities and quality for life of residents.
- Define person centered activity approaches.
- Explain activity approaches for people with dementia.
- Demonstrate activity ideas.
- Identify how meaningful activities are defined
Life enhancement or activities are a crucial part of quality of life for residents in long-term care. In so many communities the role of activities is shared with many staff members throughout the organization. So often, staff do not feel comfortable conducting activities because they do not know what to do or how to do it. This class will explore what the new role of life enhancement looks like. The class will also have interactive portions that will spark creativity and provide resources to bring back to the community to enhance residents’ lives.
6 CEUs for licensed nurses, social workers, Adult Care Home Administrators and Operators (5-Resident Care and 1- Administrative).
Course Price: $99
Calendar - View the Course Calendar.
Information - Call 913-477-8251 for more information.
Contact Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (6 contact hours, 5-Res Care Hours & 1-Admin)