Person Centered Dementia Care
- Explore communication techniques to minimize misunderstandings in people with dementia
- Identify environmental modifications that can improve the quality of life for people with dementia
- Discuss how to minimize negative reactions in people with dementia without the use of medications
- Identify interventions that maintain a person's independence with eating
- Identify how liberalized diets can positively affect people with dementia
Working with people with dementia is rewarding and challenging. This course is designed to teach care staff how to create an environment where people with dementia and the people working with them can thrive. There will also be an interactive discussion of how to individualize care for people with dementia.
Course Price: $109
Calendar - View the Course Calendar.
Information - Call 913-477-8251 for more information.
Contact Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (6 contact hours, 6-Res Care Hours)