Paid Nutrition Assistant
- Provide brief overview of the long-term care environment.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the paid nutrition assistant.
- Discuss resident centered concepts regarding eating and dining.
- Cite resident rights pertaining to resident dining.
- Demonstrate caring techniques for residents with special needs.
- Examine proper positioning for meals.
- Identify procedures for a safe dining experience.
- Explain fundamentals of good nutrition in the elderly.
Paid nutrition assistant is an individual who is paid to assist residents of an adult care home, with eating, and who provides such assistance under the supervision of a registered professional or licensed practical nurse. This course, taught by Evergreen’s Director of Health, will be interactive and resident centered. The class is perfect for anyone that wants to assist residents with eating and has not been trained as a CNA.
Course Price: $189
Calendar - View the Course Calendar.
Information - Call 913-477-8251 for more information.
Contact Hours: 2 Day Class, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (12 contact hours, 12-Res Care Hours)