Mental Health & Long-Term Care Residents ONLINE
- Define behavioral health
- State difference between mental health and mental illness
- List most common psychiatric diagnoses in LTC
- Identify non-pharmacological intervention for residents living with mental illness
- Identify ways to identify behaviors (reactions) and how to prevent or help residents cope
- Discuss root cause and how this helps residents living with mental illness
Mental Health is a very important topic, often overlooked in long-term care. This course is designed to discuss the most common psychiatric diagnoses found in adult care homes and to look at what can we do instead of jumping to prescribing medications. This class will help staff look deeper into mental illness and help residents to improve their quality of life.
Registration Link: Mental Health & Long-Term Care Residents
Course Price: $39
Contact Hours: Anytime that is convenient for you (2 contact hours, 2-Res Care Hours)
*This class is available to take whenever it is convenient for you.