Diagnosing Depression and Anxiety in LTC Residents ONLINE
- Define behavioral health
- State difference between mental health and mental illness
- List most common psychiatric diagnoses in LTC
- Identify non-pharmacological intervention for residents living with mental illness
- Identify ways to identify behaviors (reactions) and how to prevent or help residents cope
- Discuss root cause and how this helps residents living with mental illness
- Discuss diagnostic criteria for major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder
Mental Health is a very important topic, often overlooked in long-term care. The course discusses the most common psychiatric diagnoses found in adult care homes and to look at what can we do instead of jumping to prescribing medications. The information will help staff look deeper into mental illness and help residents to improve their quality of life. This course also offers diagnostic criteria for major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder, which meets BSRB criteria for diagnosing.
Registration Link: Diagnosing Depression & Anxiety in LTC Residents ONLINE Course
Course Price: $39
Information: Call 913-477-8251 for more information
Contact Hours: Anytime that is convenient for you (2 contact hours, 2-Res Care Hours)
*This class is available to take whenever it is convenient for you.