Online courses can be taken at any time.
- Define who the customer is.
- Discuss how to provide customer service.
- Describe ways to better communicate and how communication can break down.
- Ensure staff provide resident-centered care based on thorough knowledge of each person’s abilities and needs.
- To help staff act as “care partners” to help people achieve optimal functioning and improved quality of life.
- To use a flexible, problem-solving approach to care designed to prevent problems before they occur.
- Compare statutes and regulations.
- Discover the reason why regulations were developed.
- Identify how the state regulations are organized.
- Become familiar with regulations and how they apply to daily tasks.
- Demonstrate understanding of how the regulations support resident-centered care.
- Describe how to be survey ready.
- Identify ethical principles that enhance social work practice with older adults
- Identify when a referral to another practitioner or agency may be appropriate
- Identify common ethical dilemmas
- Identify core values, ethical principles, and ethical responsibilities in a long-term care setting
- Differentiate between coaching and counseling
- Identify ways to use the two techniques
- Describe characteristics of a good leader
This one hour CEU is designed to compare coaching and counseling. Case studies will be used to demonstrate how the two can be used by leaders. Tips for successfully using the techniques will be discussed. This would be a beneficial class for anyone that supervises staff.
- Learn how respected leaders find the balance.
- Describe ways to get organized and prioritize.
- Define personal limitations and boundaries.
Balancing work and personal life can truly be a juggling act. There are so many things in the world today that are pulling us in different directions. Join us for a lively discussion about how to prioritize, organize and be true to you.
- Cite characteristics of resilience in older adults
- Describe ways to improve physical health
- Identify ways to prevent negative effects of poor oral health
- Describe ways to prevent cognitive impairment
- Express tips for overall health improvement